Monday 23 September 2013

Bedroom Inspiration

So we have been in our cottage 2 years in December. Crazy how time flies! When we moved in we didn't buy any new furniture - to be honest we didn't need to. We were living in a flat, yet it was jammed packed!  Friends always teased me about having too much furniture in there.  To me, I knew that living in a flat was short term in the big scheme of things, so if I was going to spend the money on a great piece, I wanted for it to also fit in a house. So yes, our flat was squishy! ha!

So our bedroom in the cottage. I won't show you a picture because really, there is not much to show. We actually diy'd a tuffed headboard when we were in our flat which I looved.  It was in raw linen too, but when we put our life in storage while we renovated, damp invaded our belongings. Wouldn't you know it, my headboard, my shoes plus some other bits were ruined. Seriously, there was about $2,000 of shoes absolutely ruined! Yep, I did cry.

So a bed without a headboard... to me, it looks a little bare... or does it?

Below is some inspiration for our new boudoir.  Might not be the very next project we undertake, but most certainly it's on the list.

Enjoy.









Image sources // 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 /


I have even more on my Pinterest page. So many beautiful ideas, not enough bedrooms to makeover! 



2 comments:

  1. AMAZING INSPIRATION! I need a house now to insert one of these xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, why don't we do my room, then you can choose one and we will do that next! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, it makes my day!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...